Best Non- Slip Slippers for Elderly
- NON-SLIP GRIP DESIGN: Featured by sticky dots on the bottom of the...
- US MEN DESIGN:These grips socks are incredibly stretchy and will fit...
- THE WAIST DESIGN: The waist design can make the anti slip socks be...
- Super Soft & Grippy – High Quality Recycled Cotton with Plush Terry...
- Skid Resistant – Gripping rubber treads provide safety and security...
- Multi-Use - Our hospital socks are perfect for women and men to keep...
- EASY TO PUT ON & OFF - Straps at the top and the back heel are highly...
- WHY SO COMFORTABLE? - This soft felt material not only adjusts on the...
- HIGH QUALITY & WELL-MADE - The uppers of these extra wide width...
For the elderly people to avoid falls, they need to wear fitting non-slip slippers. They will need to go for slippers with rubber soles to avoid skidding or falling. The best non-slip slippers for the elderly should also have soft inner soles. This will enable them to experience great comfort as they move around. When the inner sole is comfortable, the heel will have great support. The chances of falling off will be minimal.
Also, identify nonslip slippers that will suit the needs of the elderly. There are those who have swollen feet. They need a non-slipper which is wide enough. It should also give natural cushioning to the feet. It is therefore important to ensure that you know the features you are looking for in a non-slip slipper before purchasing it. Below is a list of the best non-slip slippers for the elderly in the market. Take your time and have a look at each one of them. We are sure you will identify one that suits the needs of your kin.
Acorn Women’s Spa Wrap Slipper
- Premium quality – Super soft plush terry wrap spa house slipper in...
- Adjustable and Flexible design- Easy slip-on; full coverage;...
- Therapeutic support- Comfortable all-around support can help soothe...
The non-slipper is adjustable as well as flexible. The adjustable strap gives the elderly a perfect fit. The elderly also slip on it with ease. It is a full coverage type of non-slipper with a breathable style that is comfortable. Elderly who need orthopedic support and those who are diabetic should go for this nonslip slipper.
Also, it is the best for therapeutic support as it gives relief to your swollen feet. The soft and multi-layered inner sole cushion gives your legs great support. To prevent elderly people from skidding off and falling, the sole has an anti-skid texture. The elderly will, therefore, have to be safe when moving around on different kinds of floors. It is the best and safest nonslip slipper for the elderly that you will come across.
- It is skid resistant
- Comes with soft rubber sole
- Its tab closure is Velcro hence readjusts itself all-day
- Comes in 5 colors
- It has an elastic band hence cannot slip off
- It is machine washable
- It isn’t the best for feet that swell. You have to buy one fit higher
- Hook-and-loop closure straps on painlessly
- Painlessly put them on swollen and sensitive feet with the tops that...
- Strong but soft rubber sole that allows for traction indoors and for...
The outer side is made using wool, tricot lining, and a sock liner too. It also comes with rubber out and insole. You will only need to hand wash it with some warm water and soap them air dry.
- Perfect for elderly people experiencing swollen feet
- Comes with toe padding
- Has two colors to choose from
- Come with Velcro adjustments
- Its flexible, sturdy and durable
- Some people find charcoal and black too dull
- CUSHIONING & SUPPORT - With air cushion design of shock absorption to...
- EASY TO PUT ON AND OFF - Forefoot straps are highly adjustable thanks...
- INSTANT RELIEF - Surround Your Feet With These SUPER COMFORTABLE,...
The sole is made from rubber sole hence durable. With non-skid traction, the elderly are able to avoid skidding and falling. They can, therefore, use them indoors and outdoors. It comes in four sizes. Anyone with wide and standard feet will be comfortably fit in them. Velcro fasteners allow you to adjust it in case of swelling.
- Comes with a solid and synthetic sole
- Best for diabetic and orthopedics
- It comes in two colors
- Classic with a gold pattern that is stylish
- Its arch support is small
Acorn Women’s Edelweiss Moccasin Slipper
- Boiled wool uppers with hand-stitched detailing
- Moisture-wicking, barefoot-friendly soft wool lining
- Durable rubber outsole with added traction
It comes with a rubber sole hence durable. The elderly will feel safe when wearing it since they cannot skid and fall. It is easy to slip it on too. They come in three colors so you can go for your favorite.
- It has 3 colors to choose from
- Its rubber sole is flexible and durable
- Perfect for both indoors and outdoor use
- Easy to slip in your feet
- Comes with a soft wool lining
- Not suitable for people with toe deformities or swollen feet.
- The slippers are super soft and flexible. Cover heel design can keep...
- Lined with pure organic velvet, these super-soft scuffs literally let...
- Very environment friendly and waterproof thermo plastic rubber sole...
Another great thing is that they are machine washable. You will, therefore, have an easy time maintaining cleanliness. Also, they are the best when it comes to feet support. This is because of its wide and open mouth. People with swollen feet will find comfort in ChicNChic non-slip slippers.
- Its durable
- It is machine washable
- Perfect for swollen feet
- Comes with an anti-slip feature
- The bottom texture is anti-skid
- It is skin-friendly
- Comes in three colors
- Limited size selection
- Premium comfort: Isotoner’s original men's microterry moccasin style...
- Classic style: Microterry house slipper with cozy terry lining and...
- Memory foam + arch support: Gel-infused insole hugs your foot with...
ISOTONER comes with a back design that is stylish and easy to wear. The inner sole offers one’s feet with great comfort and support. The elderly will be able to prevent feet sores or pain. The sole is made from rubber which helps in preventing skidding. On the flip side, this nonslip slipper runs small. You should, therefore, purchase the next size for it to comfortable and fitting.
- It comes with a rubber sole
- Has a soft lining which makes it comfortable
- Easy donning as a result of the stretching heel
- Perfect for both indoor and outdoor use
- Comes with four colors
- It is machine washable
- You have to purchase the next fit for it to be comfortable
- Knitted Design Outer. Soft Warm Faux Fur Lining Throughout for Warmth...
- Faux Fur Cuff. Rubber Sole for Grip.
- Perfect for Keeping Your Feet Warm.
- Comes with rubber sole hence safe
- Has Velcro adjusters on the front and back
- It is extra wide hence suitable for people with swollen feet
- Made from micro suede material
- It does not have a fitting for small feet
Acorn Men’s More
- Premium design: Men’s signature moccasin house shoe in slip-on...
- Stylish and breathable: Handsome uppers in wool blend; knit or tweed...
- Memory foam comfort: Flexible multilayer Cloud Cushion insole memory...
The slippers come with a super soft lining which keeps the feet dry all day. Its inner sole is made from a multi-layered cushion that offers the elderly great comfort. It gives them a fit that is therapeutic. They will be able to get rid of sores and swelling as well as pain on the feet. These nonslip slippers are also durable. This is because it is made from suede and a rubber sole.
- Comes with a super-soft lining for comfort
- Made from a breathable fabric
- Comes with a multi-layered cushion for comfort on the feet
- Durable and versatile
- Has an ability to get rid of pain and any kind of swelling
- Comes with a variety of colors
- It’s not perfect for feet that are too swollen
Through the purchase of the right non-slip slippers, the elderly will experience great comfort as they move around. They will have independence since they will be safe from any kind of skids or falls. You need to know their needs. This is because some need wide nonslip slippers because of their swollen feet. Others have medical conditions that need specific non-slip slippers.
Another thing you need to consider is the type of sole and inner sole the non-slip slipper has. A rubber sole prevents the elderly from skidding or falling. They will be safe when wearing them. Also, go for a non-slip slipper with a soft inner sole. They support and offer comfort to the feet of the elderly. The most important thing is to ensure that your elderly kin is comfortable. Go for any of the above nonslip slippers for the elderly we have discussed.
Buying Guide: How do you choose a Safe Slipper?
As much as comfort is paramount when choosing a non-slipper for the elderly, you need to consider other factors. Let’s go through them together;
● Type of Sole
You need to go for a non-slip slipper with rubber sole. The sole gives the elderly a tight grip. They will also give them extra support to elderly people. The elderly will also be safe from skidding and falling.
● How is Velcro Closure?
Going for non-slip slippers with a tight closure would be of great help in ensuring that the elderly are comfortable. It should wear and remove. Elderly people whose hands are weak will have an easy time with these types of non-slip slippers. It would be nice to avoid laces and go for buckles or those with small buttons. The best thing about the Velcro closures is that seniors can make adjustments until they get a comfortable fit. They can also loosen them when they experience any kind of discomfort.
● Style and Design
Nonslip slippers come in different designs. You need to be aware of the needs of your kin before purchasing one. This will lead you to identify slippers that will be of help to them. The best style is the one that supports the front and the back of the feet. Do not go for open heel slippers. They are not safe since the elderly may slip off. The design you go for will determine the elderly’s safety as they move around.
The non-slip slipper should not be too light or too heavy. Heavy slippers will make them get tired too easily and may not move around with ease. There is no such comfort in heavy slippers. Also, do not go for slippers that are too light. This is because you will not feel the slipper hence no grip. It will be difficult to control your steps.
You will improve the comfort and safety of elderly people by finding them fitting non-slip slippers. Avoid going for slippers that are too tight as they prevent air circulation inside the non-slip slippers. Elderly people with swollen feet will also experience challenges with tight slippers. Also, if the slippers are too loose, they will not be comfortable since they slip off easily. Moving around will in return become a bit difficult.